ASOW Committee How To: Website Posting Instructions
Note: The following instructions are for the ASOW Committee only.
If you are on the ASOW committee, posting directly to the website is very easy. Posting directly on the website will help to improve communication within the club, inform members of the committee’s activities and ensure that members are updated on the latest club information.
1) Register and login on the ASOW website
Before you can begin, you must register on the ASOW website. Navigate to the ASOW Home Page:
- Click the “Register” link on right hand sidebar, or
- Click the “Login with Facebook” button on the right hand sidebar, to login using your Facebook account. NB: No personal details will be used, and nothing will be posted to your Facebook account.
2) Get Admin status
The ASOW webmaster must grant you admin access. Contact the webmaster and ask them to change your user status to “Editor”
3) Add a News Item
If you are already logged in, click on “Add a News Item” on the right had tool bar (on the ASOW Home Page).
4) Complete your Admin Post
You will be taken to the “Admin Backend”. From here you can add new website posts, edit comments and modify your user profile.
1. Enter your post title
2. Enter the contents of your post.
2a. You can add a photo to your report by selecting the “Camera Icon”. Follow the prompts and select a photo from your PC.
2b. You can modify the text of your post using common controls that you will find in Microsoft Word (bold, text align, bullet points)
3. Click “Publish” to post to the website. You can also “Save Draft” to modify your post later, or you can “Preview” your post.